Are you looking for details on Accomack County, Virginia arrest records and warrants? Fret not, because these can easily be found on scores of websites along with no less than three state agencies. The inquiry method will be different when it comes to government sources vis a vis privately maintained websites.
For one, where state departments will only offer details on arrest warrants issued within Accomack County and the other areas of Virginia, a private inquiry will get you active warrant details from all over the country. Also, a request for information through a third party site can be placed online by filling a simple form.
In stark contrast, when you approach a government department for information on outstanding warrants, you will be expected to fill in the inquiry form by visiting the appropriate office in person. This requirement almost offsets the benefits of getting a warrant search in Accomack County done through the sheriff’s office, the clerk of court, or any other state agency that keeps such records.
Typically, the advantages of going through government departments include access to additional information like bench warrant issues, most wanted lists, etc. The pluses of approaching a third party information vendor include ease of accessibility and quick results. Of course, when analyzing the differences between these two methods, one should also look at the similarities, including the payment of a small fee to access these records. To browse through a private database of crime history, fill the form above and to approach a government agency for this information, go to:
- The police: 23323 Wise Court, PO Box 149, Accomack, Virginia 23301
- The county clerk: PO Box 126, Accomack, Virginia 23301
- The court of the magistrate: 23316 Courthouse Ave, Accomac, VA 23301
Can you get any data on arrests and warrants from Accomack County over the phone (2021-specific)?
- For arrest records and general inquiries pertaining to crimes and criminals- The non-emergency phone number of the Sheriff’s Office- (757) 787-1131/(757) 824-5666.
- To know about recent arrests: The phone number of the bookings desk at the Accomack County Jail- (757) 787-1095
- For a warrant search and information on misdemeanor cases: Office of the District Clerk: 757-787-0923
- For cases involving juvenile delinquents- 757/787-0920
- To access judicial records for felony cases (Circuit Court)- Office of the Circuit Clerk: (757) 787-5776/ (757) 824-4318
- For Jury Info: (757) 789-5310
- For information on outstanding warrants issued by the magistrate: 757-787-5957
Crime statistics for Accomack County, VA
The rise in the annual crime rate of Accomack County from 2018 to 2019 has been nothing short of shocking, given the alarming increase of 25% in incident rates. Violent crimes nearly doubled in 2019 to reach 100 complaints per annum as compared to their 2018 average of 50 incidents. Property crime rates also exhibited a steeply rising trend, increasing by almost 30% to reach a high of over 330 complaints/year.
Every year almost 550 criminal reports are lodged in Accomack County, VA. This comes to roughly 4500 incident reports filed through the eight-year interval that ended in 2008. Although less than 10% of these incidents are of a violent nature, the fact that there has been a growth of nearly 90% in the rate of violent felonies has made most residents sit up in concern.