The facility to conduct an arrest warrant search in the City of Franklin, VA, is offered by the local police and judicial agencies. Apart from these, you can also find information on active warrants and arrest records through private agencies that sell crime history data. If you only need details on arrest warrants for informative purposes, the thumb rule is to go to a third party site.
You can connect with one by putting the form on top of this page to use. Fill it and pay the required fees to access a third party database of information on criminal wants and arrests. However, if you are conducting the inquiry for immigration, licensing or adoption, etc., you will have to go to a state agency.
Some of the state departments that accept a request for information about arrests conducted in the City of Franklin and the release of outstanding warrants include:
- The sheriff’s department: 1018 Pretlow Street, Franklin, Va 23851
- The magistrate’s court: 275 S Main St, Rocky Mt, VA 24151
- The county clerk’s office: As above
Of these departments, the office of the clerk of court can offer details on active warrants as well civil matters initiated by the subject and those that were started against him. The court dockets database of the agency is put at the disposal of applicants who can access it through the public service terminals at the justice center.
How do you connect with law enforcement agencies over the phone for a City of Franklin warrants search and arrests-data? (Checked in 2021)
- You can contact the Magistrate’s Court at 540-483-3076 for inquiries pertaining to warrants.
- You can call the City of Franklin Jail at 540-483-3020 for information on arrests.
- You can contact the Records Division at 757-562-8577 to obtain arrest records, incident and accident reports.
- You can reach the Clerk of Court via phone at 540-483-3065 (Circuit) and 540-562-8550 (District), for judicial records.
- You can contact the District Attorney’s Office at 540-483-3092 for victim/witness assistance.
Crime statistics of the City of Franklin
In 2019, the Police Department of the City of Franklin dealt with about 308 criminal complaints. Property offenses accounted for 292 of these complaints. There are 248 larceny-theft cases, 24 burglary cases, and 20 vehicle theft cases in this category. Around 4 instances of assault and 3 of rape were a part of the complaints filed against violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
The crime rates of the City of Franklin, Virginia, have increased significantly, going from about 370 reported incidents per annum to almost 450 cases filed annually. In terms of crime types, rapes give the most cause for concern, with an increase of almost 1000%. While only one case report was filed against sexual assault in 1999, by 2011, almost 10 such reports were lodged.