Looking for an arrest warrant search in Nottoway County, VA? You will be pleased to know that the internet revolution has helped non-government players to enter the arena of crime information reports. Of course, you can always visit a department that is part of the state’s judicial hierarchy. In fact, both options have their own set of pros and cons.
Non-justice entities: These are online service providers that assimilate information from various public records databases and state government agencies. This data is then offered to their members for a fee. The information can be scoured through by using a name-based inquiry tool.
The data is kept up to date, and people are offered the chance to conduct as many searches for active warrants and arrests as needed for a fixed period of time, once they shell out the fee. You can fill the form above if you are interested in accessing a third-party repository of nationwide arrest warrant records.
Justice agencies: These include the police, the clerk of court, and the magistrate’s office. The cops can offer precise information about criminal matters, including Nottoway County arrest records and the issue of outstanding warrants.
The magistrate’s office can also handle requests that pertain to the release of other legal instruments. The county clerk’s office will get data on civil and criminal cases for you since they keep the court dockets database. To approach these agencies, you will have to go to:
- The police: 266 West Courthouse Road, PO Box 6, Nottoway, Virginia 23955
- The county clerk: Given below
- The court of the magistrate: 328 E Courthouse Rd, Crewe, VA 23930
Is it possible to acquire information from Nottoway County on recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-data)
- Call the Nottoway County Sheriff’s Department at 434-645-9044 for arrest records and police reports.
- Contact the Magistrate’s Court at 434-645-9893 for a warrant search
- Connect with the Piedmont Regional Jail at 434-392-1601 to learn about arrests.
- 434-645-8268- Connect with the Victim’s Advocate at to reach Victim/Witness Services.
- Call the Clerk of Circuit Court at 434-645-9043 (Circuit) and 434-645-9312 (District) to get criminal conviction and judicial records.
Crime statistics of Nottoway County
The annual crime average of Nottoway County went from 103 complaints to 86 complaints between 2018 and 2019. Of the total cases filed, property crimes accounted for 71, while violent crimes brought in 15 complaints.
Within these crime categories larceny-theft (46 cases) and burglary (16 cases) accounted for the maximum number of property crime-related complaints. In the violent crimes category, aggravated assault (10 cases) had the highest occurrence rate.
Older crime statistics
Crime statistics are available for Nottoway County, Virginia, starting in 2001 and ending in 2008. Through these eight years, approximately 300 criminal complaints were lodged annually. The violent crime rate for the area stood at exactly 10% of this figure. However, this might change in the future given the 50% rise in this category’s incidents.