A City of Colonial Heights arrest warrant search can be conducted through the sheriff’s office or a judicial agency that participates in the release of active warrants. Not just the magistrate court but also the county clerk’s office plays a crucial role in the way VA warrants and information on arrests is handled.
In fact, very often, the petition for the release of an active warrant is submitted with the office of the clerk of court, and from there, it makes its way to the bench. Of course, no regulation prevents cops from directly approaching the magistrate either. In simple words, the writ that forms the basis of the hearing that is held to decide on the merits of the case comes from the sheriff’s department.
This document has information on the criminal incident, the involvement of the accused in the act, and the evidence found against him. The court convenes to study this information and ascertain if this data is enough to hold the suspect culpable for the criminal transgression.
Since the county clerk’s office has the job of recording court records, a deputy from this agency is forever present at the tribunal. This agency also receives a copy of the outstanding warrant upon its issue along with that of the police declaration. So, to find arrest records and active warrants from the City of Colonial Heights, you can approach any of the three departments listed below.
- Law enforcement: 401 Temple Ave, Colonial Heights, Virginia 23834
- Judiciary: 401 Temple Ave, Colonial Heights, VA 23834
- County clerk: As stated above
Who should you be calling for details about City of Colonial Heights warrants and recent arrests? (Updated in 2021)
- Connect with the Riverside Regional Jail at 804-524-6600 to request inmate arrest records and an inmate search.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at 804-520-9352 to inquire about recent arrests.
- Call Colonial Heights PD at 804-520-9300 for an arrest report and other police reports.
- Call the Magistrate’s Court at 804-520-9300 to find out how to conduct a warrants search.
- Call the District Attorney’s Office at 804-520-9258 to speak with Victim/Witness Services.
- Call the Clerk of Court at 804-520-9364 (Circuit) and 804-520-9346 (District) to learn about accessing court dockets and judicial records.
Crime statistics of the City of Colonial Heights
The City of Colonial Heights Police Department filed roughly 800 criminal reports in 2019. More than 720 of these involved property offenses, and about 70 were attributed to crimes against people.
The majority of property crime cases involved larceny-theft (663 cases) and burglary (37 cases). The complaints in the category of violent crimes included 44 cases of aggravated assault and 20 of rape, among other offenses.
Older crime statistics
Of the 950 criminal cases reported in the City of Colonial Heights, Virginia, every year, half of the incidents occur in close vicinity of the victim’s home or workplace. Also, nearly 5% of these cases are filed against violent crimes. Furthermore, there has been an increase of 9% in the frequency of violent crime.