Through an arrest warrant search in Rappahannock County, VA, you can easily find out about every criminal case that the subject was ever linked to. Hence, it would be safe to suggest that this is one of the most effective crime prevention efforts. After all, even the most sophisticated security system would fail to protect you against insiders with criminal tendencies.
It is possible to launch inquiries into Rappahannock County arrests and active warrants through a state agency or an online service. The latter are private establishments that offer information on crime history for a charge. When you get in touch with a third party information vendor, you can conduct your investigations discreetly.
Also, the results are generated faster as you are linked to their database through the internet. To add to this, you will be provided with information on arrest records and outstanding warrants from all across the country. Undoubtedly, this seems to be the most feasible option when comparing the benefits with those seeking information from other state sources.
However, not everybody needs to know every teeny tiny detail about the past of their subjects. If your interest lies in researching the criminal infractions on a person’s record, a trip to the sheriff’s department should also suffice. In fact, if you were to go to the magistrate’s court, you can find details on Rappahannock County arrests and active warrants along with the other legal instruments that bear the name of the person in question. To seek this data, go to the following locations:
- The sheriff: 383 Porter St, PO Box 487, Washington, Virginia 22747
- The magistrate: 800 E Broad St, Richmond, VA 23219
- The clerk of court: PO Box 517, Washington, Virginia 22747
What Rappahannock County agency should you approach for an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry? (Update: 2021)
- For information on recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Sheriff’s office- 540-675-5300.
- For information on arrest warrants, call the Office of the Magistrate at 540-675-5385.
- For victim’s services and information on order of protection, contact the County District Attorney’s Office at 540-675-5400.
- For looking up judicial records, call the Clerk of Court at 540-675-5350 (Circuit) and 540-675-5356 (District).
Crime statistics of Rappahannock County
The annual crime rate of Rappahannock County decreased by nearly 35% in 2019. The local police received 31 complaints in 2018, while they registered 20 criminal cases in 2019. Property crimes led to the filing of 16 complaints, while violent crimes were involved in 4 complaints.
Older crime statistics
Rappahannock County, Virginia, has a low crime rate of just about 50 incidents per annum. Of these criminal cases, about 7% can be attributed to violent acts; these account for approximately 3 complaints every year. Although this figure may seem low initially, there was a rise of 100% in this crime category between 2005 and 2008.