You cannot initiate a Northumberland County arrest warrant search online because most state agencies seem dead against offering crime history data through the internet. Although some information on criminal matters is offered in public databases, this usually pertains to cases that the courts have already disposed of.
Details on arrests made in such cases and the issue of Northumberland County active warrants are available to civilians freely. However, state departments, including the judiciary, tend to hold back when it comes to outstanding warrants. Since these orders have yet to be served, there is a possibility that the perpetrator in whose name the directive was issued may get this information and use it to escape arrest.
However, if you are willing to take the time out to visit the judiciary or the police department in person, there should be no problem procuring information on Northumberland County arrest records and outstanding warrants. To get this data, you will need to offer the subject’s name and other personal identifiers like date of birth, social security number, etc.
The results of your inquiry will be handed over immediately or will be sent to you through the mail. To get in touch with a state agency, you can use the contact details given below.
- The police: PO Box 310, Heathsville, Virginia 22473
- The county clerk: PO Box 217, Heathsville, Virginia 22473
- The court of the magistrate: 39 Judicial Place, Heathsville, VA 22473
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Northumberland County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To ask about recent arrests, approach the Sheriff’s Department at 804-580-5221.
- To inquire about outstanding warrants, get in touch with Magistrate’s Office at 804-580-6900.
- To get access to prisoner records, contact the Northern Neck Regional Jail at 804-333-6419.
- To obtain details about victim’s help, contact the County Attorney at 804-580-4646.
- To learn more about how to get criminal court documents, contact the Clerk of Court at 804-580-3700 (Circuit) and 804-580-4323 (District).
Crime statistics of Northumberland County
The overall crime rate of Northumberland County increased slightly between 2018 and 2019. As compared to the 87 complaints filed in 2018, the local police received 90 complaints in 2019. Of the cases registered, 70 were against property crimes, with larceny-theft complaints taking the lead in this category (45 complaints). Violent crimes led to the filing of 20 complaints.
Older crime statistics
Northumberland County, Virginia, is an area with medium level criminal activity. Annually, about 170 cases are lodged with the local police, and about 8% of these are complaints against violent criminal acts. Between 2003 and 2005, there was an improvement in the neighborhood’s crime scene with a drop of almost 265% seen in reported criminal activity.