An outstanding warrant from Amherst County, Virginia, will mean that the person in whose name the order is issued is bound to get arrested sooner or later. Because all the law enforcement agencies are informed about an order for detention once it is deemed pending, even the smallest legal infraction can get this individual arrested.
Despite the powers of arrest warrants, it would be wrong to assume that the police mandatorily need such an order to bring an accused to books. In fact, if the matter in question is a felony, such a directive is considered an unnecessary formality, and hence it is waived. This means that for felonies, the alleged offender can be detained even without an outstanding warrant from Amherst County to his name.
However, when the case pertains to a misdemeanor offense, the rules change, and a warrant is a prerequisite when arresting the person in this case unless the crime has been committed in front of a law enforcement agent. When you initiate a warrant search, you will get arrest records and information on active warrants issued in all matters, including bench warrants released in civil cases.
For an inquiry into the outstanding warrants from Amherst County, you will have to go to the agencies listed below and fill in a formal request form. A small feel may or may not be charged depending on the agency that you approach.
- Police: PO Box 531, 115 Taylor Street, Amherst, Virginia 24521
- The court: 113 Taylor St, Amherst, VA 24521
- The clerk of court: 100 East Court Street, Amherst, Virginia 24521
Is there any information about Amherst warrants or arrests that I can get over the phone? (2021-data)
- Details on recent arrests: Call on 434-528-3160 for information on arrests made in the last 12 hours, details on the bail bond of an inmate, and visitation inquires.
- Brief information on active warrants: Get on the phone with the Amherst Sheriff’s Office at 434- 946-9381 or the Amherst Police Department on 434-946-7885.
- Judicial records and case search: Call the Office of the District Clerk on 434-946-9351 for misdemeanor and traffic case records, and get in touch with the Office of the Circuit Clerk on 434-946-9321 for information on felony cases.
Crime statistics for Amherst County, Virginia
In 2018, both the property and violent crime rates of Amherst County, VA showed a distinct downward trend. Property crimes brought in fewer complaints at 336 incidents. This was nearly 7% lower than average of 2018, at 356 incidents. Similarly, violent crimes led to the filing of 58 complaints as opposed to the 74 in 2018.
More than 350 criminal reports are lodged in Amherst County, VA, per year. Of these cases, fewer than 10% are filed against violent crimes. Thefts and other instances of property crimes remain the biggest issue for the police of the area. Overall, the county’s crime situation has deteriorated since 2001, with a rise of over 90% in criminal incidents.