City of Lexington arrest warrant searches are allowed by the police as well as the judiciary. However, in both cases, the applicant has only two choices regarding how contact can be initiated with these state agencies. Because crime history data, including details on VA active warrants and arrest records, are considered sensitive information, these are divulged only after the identity of the person who is requesting this data is ascertained.
For this, people who are interested in crime-related information are expected to show up at the police station or a judicial office in person with their ID card in hand. Another way is to send information about yourself and the subject through the mail. Once again, this offers the state agency an easy way to determine if the applicant is really who he is saying he is.
There is another approach to find details on the City of Lexington arrest records and outstanding warrants. You can also use the services of a third-party information seller. This option is exceptionally suitable for people who have active warrants to their name and hence will be risking arrests if they were to go to the office of a justice or law enforcement agency.
To avail of this facility through a private vendor, use the form you see on top of this page. While a warrant search for the City of Lexington conducted through such means will also get you all the information you are looking for, the reports will be of little use in a formal setting. If you need the background check conducted for an official purpose, go to the addresses listed below:
- The police: 258 Greenhouse Rd, Lexington, VA 24450
- The county clerk: As below
- The court of the magistrate: 150 S Main St, Lexington, VA 24450
What phone numbers should you be dialing for a warrants search or arrests inquiry in the City of Lexington? (2021-Update)
- To inquire about recent arrests and inmate arrest records, dial the phone number of Lexington PD-540-463-9177.
- To access the report of an event handled by the police ( arrests and accidents), contact the local police at 540-462-3705.
- For questions about active warrants, please contact the Magistrate’s Office at 540-464-1187.
- For information on victim- services, call the victim-witness assistance program at 540-464-5917.
- To learn about criminal case court dates and criminal judicial records, contact the Court at 540-463-2232 (Circuit) and 540-463-5940 (District).
Crime statistics of City of Lexington
Due to the decrease of 12% in the City of Lexington’s yearly crime average, around 35 criminal complaints were submitted in 2019. Of the reported crimes, 27 were property related, while the rest were violent offenses.
Around 25 larceny thefts were among the reported property offenses. The violent offenses reported included 5 instances of physical assault and 1 instance of sexual assault.
Older crime statistics
Through the decade that ended in 2001, there was a distinct improvement in the crime rates of the City of Lexington, Virginia, with incident rates per 100,000 residents going down from over 111 to just a bit over 79. The most significant drop was seen in the number of assaults and thefts. However, instances of burglary were on the rise through this period, showing a gain of almost 100%.