Active warrants are issued when the police can prove that the evidence they have gathered is enough to incriminate the suspect. So, if you perform an arrest warrant search in Rockbridge County, VA, and find pending detention directives in the name of your subject, this will go to show two things:
- That the police have a significant amount of proof against this person; in fact, this evidence was enough to convince the magistrate and just about any person of reasonable mental faculties of the complicity of the accused.
- The arrest of the accused is imminent regardless of where he goes and what he does.
It will also help to understand here that outstanding warrants do not go out of effect. Even if it takes years to serve them, the orders will retain their powers. This means that when police officers execute a decade-old warrant, they can enter private property or chase the criminal outside county lines just the way they would with a freshly issued active warrant.
In fact, pending arrest warrants are given more priority. Frequently, most wanted lists are issued by the local sheriff’s office to keep deputies on the lookout for people who have outstanding warrants to their name have so far managed to evade arrests. When you want to find arrest records and outstanding warrants from Rockbridge County, you can drive down to:
- The police: 258 Greenhouse Road, Lexington, Virginia 24450
- The county clerk: Given below
- The court of the magistrate: 20 S Randolph St, Lexington, VA 24450
If you need information on Rockbridge County recent arrests and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- Details about arrests can be found by calling 540-464-1188.
- Details about active warrants can be requested by calling 540-464-1187.
- Judicial data such as case records and court dockets can be requested by calling 540-463-2232 (Circuit) and 540-463-5940 (District).
- Incident report and arrest report can be requested by calling 540-463-7329.
- Victim’s assistance can be requested by calling 540-464-5917.
Crime statistics of Rockbridge County
Over 270 crimes were reported in Rockbridge County in 2019. This annual average comprised around 32 cases of violent crime and nearly 240 matters pertaining to property crimes. Nearly 165 complaints in the property crimes category were attributed to larceny-thefts while burglary led to the filing of 60 complaints. Save for the 7 complaints against rape, all other cases filed in the violent crimes category were against aggravated assault.
Older crime statistics
People who say that an arrest warrant search is not really required need only take a look at the ever-increasing crime rates of Rockbridge County, Virginia. Heinous crimes like murder, assault, and rape alone have peaked by a whopping 32% over the last few years. Annually, over 200 criminal acts are reported in the area.