When it comes to the issue of Wythe County, Virginia arrest warrants, probable cause is the most important factor. This is a legal prerequisite, and it can be defined as the reasons that would make a person of sound mind believe that the criminal incident can be attributed to the accused. To release an active warrant, the police have to present all proof in front of the magistrate.
The sitting judge then decides if this is enough to bring out clear probable cause. In cases where the evidence brought forth in black and white is deemed insufficient, the witnesses are given a chance to recount their part of the story before the judge takes a call on whether the warrant should be issued or not.
Throughout the entire procedure, the sheriff’s office and the magistrate’s court, and the county clerk’s department are involved in the process. However, their participation is indirect at best; they neither issue nor execute the outstanding warrant from Wythe County.
Yet, they are entrusted with the task of maintaining case records in the form of court dockets. To connect with either of the agencies mentioned above, you can use the addresses given ahead. Once you reach the office of the concerned department, you will have to fill in an inquiry form to get the warrant search done and submit it along with the service fee.
- The sheriff’s: 245 S 4th St, Wytheville, Virginia 24382
- The magistrate’s: Given below
- The county clerk’s: 225 South 4th Street, Wytheville, Virginia 24382
How do you get information on Wythe County arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-update)
- To find out about recent arrests call the New River Valley Regional Jail at 540-643-2000.
- To access an arrest report and police records, call on the Wythe County Sheriff’s Office at 276-223-6001 or contact the Wytheville Police Department at 276-223-3300.
- To access information on cases handled by Circuit Court, call 276-223-6050.
- For case records from the District Court, call 276-223-6079.
Crime statistics for Wythe County, Virginia
As compared to the annual crime average of 2018, which stood at 172 incidents, the 2019 figures showed a distinct uptrend, clocking in almost 35% over the average of the previous year. In 2019, over 220 criminal complaints were filed with the local police. Of these, over 190 were complaints against property crimes while around 30 were complaints made in connection with violent crimes.
With just about 450 criminal complaints reported every year, Wythe County, VA can be termed an area with a medium crime rate. The growth in the incident figures of various crime categories has been average at just about 20%. Finally, the rate of violent crime, which stands at 6% of the annual crime average, is also not too bad.