You should launch an arrest warrant search in the City of Bedford, VA if you intend to hire a new workforce for your business. Gone are the days when only major corporations were interested in finding out about the active warrants and the arrests in prospective employees’ names. Today, it is not uncommon for just about anybody looking for paid help around their office or home to initiate such an inquiry and with good reason.
Crime has spiraled out of control in most parts of the country in recent years. Add to this the fact that a background check is one of the simplest, most effective, and quickest ways to find out if a subject was ever involved in criminal misdoings, and it is easy to understand why and how local justice agencies are receiving hundreds of warrant search requests every month.
If you are keen on finding out about the City of Bedford arrest records and outstanding warrants in the name of the subject, take a trip down to one of the addresses given ahead. These are the three state agencies that are currently disseminating information on arrests and warrants.
You will be asked to pay a small fee, and usually, the request for information will be handled immediately or at the most within a day. You can also find details on arrest warrants through a private information vendor. For this, fill the form you see on top of this page.
- The police: 215 E Main St, Bedford, VA 24523
- The county clerk: Given below
- The court of the magistrate: 129 E Main St, Bedford, VA 24523
Who should you contact if you need information about recent arrests and warrants in the City of Bedford (In the year 2021)?
- To find out about recent arrests, contact the Sheriff’s Department at 540-586-4800.
- To learn about outstanding warrants, contact the Magistrate’s Office at 540-586-7657.
- To request incident/accident reports and arrest records, contact Bedford PD at 540-586-7827/540-587-6011.
- To get information about victim’s assistance, make a phone call to the DAS’s office- 540-586-7628.
- To learn more about obtaining access criminal court records, contact the Clerk’s Office at 540-586-7632 (Circuit) and 540-586-7637 (District).
Crime statistics of Bedford City-County
The Bedford Sheriff’s Office handled 538 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to 498 in 2018. These comprised 475 property-related offenses and 63 violent offences.
About 350 larceny thefts, 95 burglaries, and 31 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Around 50 aggravated assaults, 13 rapes, and 2 robberies were included in the violent crimes category.
Older crime statistics
Approximately 252 criminal complaints are lodged per annum with the local police in the City of Bedford, Virginia, for every 100,000 residents. As compared to 2001, which had an average of about 230 incidents, this is obviously a higher figure. The growth can be attributed to the near doubling observed in the numbers of burglaries and carjacking.