If you are keen on conducting a Northampton County arrest warrant search but do not know what to expect in response to such an inquiry, read on to find out how the search can help you and the information, you can get from it. To begin with, it should be understood that inquiries about arrest records and active warrants do not necessarily have to go through state agencies.
Of course, there are distinct benefits to approaching a government department that actually represented the state in the matter. For instance, you can get a lot of details on criminal aspects from the sheriff’s office. Some of this data may pertain to the subject, while a lot of it will be generic yet useful.
For instance, you can find a most-wanted list and crime statistics for your area from the cops. If you connect with the magistrate’s office, you will be told about other legal orders apart from active warrants from Northampton County found in the name of your subject. Because the judge issues summons, subpoenas, and bench warrants, you are likely to find information on all of these through the office of the judicial officer.
The county clerk’s office can by far provide the most extensive background information. A report from this agency will often transcend the bounds of the mere criminal. Of course, you can expect to find details on Northampton County arrest records and outstanding warrants, but as a bonus, you will also be told about any civil cases against the subject. For a criminal history inquiry including details on arrests, you can head to:
- The law enforcement agency: PO Box 68, Eastville, Virginia 23347
- The county magistrate: 16404 Courthouse Rd, Eastville, VA 23310
- The clerk of court: PO Box 36, Eastville, Virginia 23347
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Northampton County? (2021- Update)
- For active warrants information, call 757-678-1364.
- For recent arrests data and prisoner arrest records, call 757-678-7985.
- For details about a criminal complaint you filed by, call 757-678-0458.
- For answers to questions about crime victim’s rights and help available to them, call 757-678-7292.
- For criminal case court dates and criminal judicial records, call 757-678-0465 (Circuit) and 757-678-1269 (District).
Crime statistics of Northampton County
In 2019, 65 crimes were reported in Northampton County. Of these, 53 were property crimes, and 12 were violent crimes.
Property crimes included 34 larceny-theft cases and 11 burglary complaints, among others. The violent crime total included 8 instances of aggravated assault, 2 cases of rape, and 2 of robbery.
Older crime statistics
The sheriff’s department of Northampton County, Virginia, handles no less than 200 criminal matters on an annual basis. While about 190 complaints are filed in matters about property thefts, the remaining 20 odd cases are made against violent crimes. This includes about one homicide every 2 years and about 2 incidents of sexual assault every year.