Like most other parts of Virginia, there is no provision offered at this time for an online arrest warrant search in Sussex County. This means you will have to resign yourself to doing things the old fashioned way. Taking a trip down to the agency office that you prefer or contacting them through the mail are the only choices offered to people who intend to conduct such inquiries through state departments.
In contrast, private entities who keep information on Sussex County arrest records and active warrants seem to be far ahead of government departments regarding the mode offered for initiating crime history inquiries. Third-party agencies work online and provide access to their database of information on arrests and active warrants through the internet.
Like with the state agencies, you will need to pay a small fee to avail of their services, but this is a one-time charge which can be used to initiate as many searches for outstanding warrants as required. As opposed to this, if you go to the police or the magistrate’s office, you will be charged for every search.
For an online agency, you can fill the form above to get instant access to an extensive database of records about active warrants and all things criminals. On the other hand, if you need to get in touch with a government agency, head over to:
- The Police: 20212 Courthouse Rd, Sussex, Virginia 23884
- The court: 15088 Courthouse Road, Sussex, VA 23884
- The clerk of court: PO Box 1337, Sussex, Virginia 23884
Can you get information on recent arrests and active warrants from Sussex County over the phone? (2021-data)
- You can call Jail Bookings for information on recent arrests- 434-246-5361.
- You can contact the Sheriff’s Office to request an arrest report or records of incidents/accidents- 434-246-5000.
- You can contact the Office of the Magistrate to obtain information on arrest warrants -434-246-5000.
- You can call the County District Attorney’s Office for victim’s assistance-434-246-1085.
- You can contact the Clerk of Court for judicial records and a case search- 434-246-1012 (Circuit) and 434-246-1096 (District).
Crime statistics of Sussex County
In 2019, the Sussex Sheriff’s Department dealt with 82 criminal complaints. These included 74 non-violent crimes and 8 violent crimes.
The non-violent crimes category included 46 larceny thefts, 23 burglaries, and 5 motor vehicle thefts. Of the violent offenses, 5 were aggravated assaults, and 2 were robberies.
Older crime statistics
Almost 220 crimes are reported in Sussex County, Virginia, every year. Of these incidents, nearly 13% are violent criminal acts. Annually, about 30 cases are lodged against such crimes as murder, assault, and rape. However, property crimes, including theft, account for the maximum complaints at about 190 cases.