You can get a range of responses from people when you state your intention to conduct an arrest warrant search in the City of Radford, VA. Some will encourage you by telling you that seeking information on criminal history is the simplest and most cost-effective way to keep antisocial elements at bay. Others will tell you to stay away from the process, citing the seemingly unnecessary task of driving down to the office of a state agency in search of the information.
However, given the burgeoning crime rates across the country, which advice do you think you ought to consider? Remember that criminals do not go around sporting a scarlet letter to proclaim their involvement in nefarious acts to the world. In fact, being oblivious to their past is one of the quickest ways to help them take their illicit intentions to fruition.
So, go for the safer advice and look for information on arrest warrants from the City of Radford, even though the process does take a bit of legwork. A popular option to find details on arrest records and active warrants is to visit the office of an agency mentioned below. However, there are always mail-in and online routes to find outstanding warrants for people who are unwilling to take the trouble.
When dealing with a state department, you can just as well send your application for active warrant searches through the mail. On the other hand, private agencies that sell information on crime history will tell you about the arrests and warrants in the name of your subject through their websites. For the latter, fill the form on top and for the former, get ready to visit:
- The police: 619 Second Street, Suite 8, Radford, Virginia 24141
- The county clerk: Given below
- The court of the magistrate: 619 2nd St, Radford, VA 24141
How do you contact state agencies for an arrest report or details about warrants from the City of Radford over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- If you want to find out about arrests, call the New River Valley Regional Jail at 540-643-2000
- If you want to do a warrant search or are interested in arrest records, call 540-731-5532
- If you want to speak to the detective who is handling a criminal investigation based on your complaint, call 540-731-3191/3711.
- If you want to seek information on outstanding warrants from the issuing authority of such orders, call 540-643-2009.
- If you would like to arrange a prison visit, call 540-643-2000 ext. 2258 (Family and friends)
- If you want information on victim’s assistance, call 540-731-3623.
- If you are interested in a criminal case search, call 540-731-3610 (Circuit) and 540-731-3609 (District)
Crime statistics of City of Radford
The City of Radford Police received 224 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to the 289 criminal instances in 2018. There were 179 property offenses and 45 violent crimes among them.
Around 150 larceny thefts, 24 burglaries, and 3 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Nearly 30 aggravated assaults and 11 rapes were included in the violent crimes category.
Older crime statistics
The crime rates of the City of Radford, Virginia, have increased significantly between 1999 and 2011. At the beginning of this interval, the crime average for the area stood at about 154 cases. However, by 2011, this figure had increased to 227. The worst year as far as crime went was 2009, when the annual incident rate went well over 300.