With an increase of 70% in the rate of overall and violent crime in Hanover County, VA, it would certainly be prudent to snoop into the background of new employees and acquaintances. In fact, a warrant search should form a part of your hiring checklist when offering a job to a candidate.
Fortunately, in Hanover, Virginia, more than one government agency can help with information about active arrest warrants. So, essentially, you can start your warrant search at the magistrate’s office or approach the sheriff’s department of Hanover for this information.
For a more comprehensive report on all the legal issues faced by the subject of your inquiry, including civil matters like property and other litigations, it would be best to get in touch with the clerk of court’s office. These agencies are located at:
- The court of the magistrate: 7507 Library Dr, Hanover, VA 23069
- The sheriff’s department: 7522 County Complex Road, Hanover, Virginia 23069
- The office of the county clerk: Hwy 301 North, Hanover, Virginia 23069
The agency you choose should depend on the amount of information you need. While all agencies will offer details on arrest records and outstanding warrants, the county clerk’s department will also offer insight on any civil matters that the subject may be involved in.
Similarly, approaching the office of Hanover County, VA sheriff will not only get you information on arrest warrants but also an in-depth history of an individual’s background, including records of even the most trivial legal altercations that a person may have been involved in.
What if you want to know about Hanover County warrants and arrest records over the phone (2021)?
- The non-emergency phone number of the Sheriff’s Office can be used for general inquiries, to get in touch with the Investigations Division (For victims only), and to understand the procedure for a warrant search. For this and other crime-related information, call 804-365-6110.
- Call the Pamunkey Regional Jail at 804-365-6400 Extension: 3077 for information about a specific inmate and for details on recent arrests.
- For offender arrest records, contact the FOIA Officer at 804-537-6400.
- To submit a request for arrest records and/or a warrant search to the Sheriff’s Office, call 804-365-6107.
- Dial the phone number of the District Court Clerk at 804-365-6191 to learn about court dockets and judicial records pertaining to misdemeanor trials.
- Call the Clerk of Court’s Office for the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit at804-365-6151 for access to information on felony cases.
- For victim/witness assistance, call 804-365-6185.
Crime statistics for Hanover County, Virginia
The annual crime average showed a difference of about 30 complaints between the figures of 2018 and 2019, with the crime rate standing at 1050 incidents in the most recent year. While the double digit growth is not particularly worrisome, what led to it, sure is. The rise was exclusively attributed to an increase in violent crimes, which went from an annual rate of around 140 incidents in 2018 to about 170 complaints in 2019.
Over the nine-year period from 2001 to 2008, an estimated 1000 crimes were reported in Hanover County, VA every year. This puts the total crime average for that period at nearly 9000 occurrences, and more than 400 of these were crimes of a violent nature. The county’s daily crime average stands at 3 incidents, of which the majority occur when the victim is within a mile from his home or office.