Active arrest warrants from Pittsylvania County, Virginia, are essentially court orders to detain a person accused of a criminal act. However, this detention cannot be indefinite. In fact, there is a strict procedure that has to be followed for the issue of arrest warrants, and the police have to abide by stringent laws once the alleged offender is detained.
The process starts when the sheriff’s office petitions the court in writing for the issue of a detention order. The court considers all the evidence gathered in the case and witness and victim testimony if required before the warrant is issued. Although time and place restrictions are not placed on such judicial decrees, when the order is held back in the police and national FBI database, it is known as Pittsylvania County, VA outstanding warrants.
According to the Freedom of Information Act of Virginia State, residents of Pittsylvania County are legally allowed to conduct warrant searches and also look for arrest records in their own name along with information on arrest warrants against third parties. In fact, a background check is routinely conducted when offering employment. For details about warrants, you can go to:
- The sheriff’s department: 21 N Main St, Chatham, Virginia 24531.
- The office of the county clerk: Clerk of Circuit Court, Chatham, Virginia 24531.
- The court of the magistrate: P.O. Box 31, Chatham, VA 34531.
How do you get details on Pittsylvania warrants and arrests over the phone (2021)?
- For arrest records- Call the Criminal Records Clerk of the Sheriff’s Office at 434-432-7810.
- To understand how to launch a warrant search in Pittsylvania: Call the Criminal Records Unit at 434-432-7997.
- For details on recent arrests: Call the Pittsylvania County Jail at 434-432-7800 or the Jail Administration Division of the Sheriff’s Office at 434-432-7831.
- To file a complaint in a criminal matter: Use the non-emergency phone number of the Sheriff’s Office- 434-432-7800 (Chatham-Danville) or 434-656-6211 (Gretna).
- For information on misdemeanor offenses and arrest warrants issued in such matters: Call the District Clerk at 434-432-7879.
- For juvenile delinquency and domestic relations cases: Call the District Court JDR clerk at 434-432-7861.
- For judicial records of felony cases: Call the Office of the Circuit Clerk at 434-432-7887.
- For information on outstanding warrants and bail: Call the Magistrate Service at 434-432-7910.
Crime statistics for Pittsylvania County, Virginia
The violent crime rate of Pittsylvania County showed a slight increase of about 5%, which in terms of actual rise translated to about 4 incidents more in 2019 as compared to 2018. However, the drop of almost 8% in the rate of property crimes was enough to pull down the annual crime average of the area. As opposed to the 2018 high of 460 property crime complaints, 425 complaints were filed in 2019.
Compared with some other areas of Virginia, Pittsylvania County seems to have the lowest crime rates with an annual incident figure of less than 200. However, the scenario seems bleak when you consider that an increase of 100% has taken place in the rate of crime over the four years from 2004 to 2008. If this upswing is not brought under control, the crime rates may very well rise to 600 or more in the next few years.