Among the numerous ways to find arrest warrants from the City of Charlottesville, Virginia, is to approach the sheriff’s office. The local police are in charge of all warrant executions; this includes arrest orders released in felonies and bench warrants. The law enforcement agency will also keep information on arrest records for all alleged offenders who have been taken into custody.
Another plus in favor of getting a warrant search in the City of Charlottesville done through the cops is that you will also be able to find details on the most wanted criminals in the area along with crime statistics and more. Similarly, the magistrate’s court can help you with details on all judicial orders.
So, a search for the City of Charlottesville outstanding warrants will also help you access information on any bench warrants, search orders, and summons issued against the subject. If you choose to take your inquiry on warrants to the office of the clerk of court, here you will find details on all legal matters that the subject is involved in or associated with.
Whether it is a case against a partner or a serious felony because of which the person in question was summoned to the court, you will find information on all matters through this agency. Similarly, you can go through an online service provider for a wide area search of active warrants. Fill the form above to get details on criminal history or contact the offices mentioned below:
- The sheriff: 315-A East High Street, Charlottesville, Virginia 22902-5118
- The magistrate: As above
- The clerk of court: Given above
Is it possible to do a warrant search over the phone in Charlottesville, VA? (2021-update)
- If you want to find out about recent arrests or get details on a bail bond, use the phone number of the Albemarle/Charlottesville Regional Jail- 434-977-6981.
- If you want to reach a detective working on a criminal complaint filed by you, call on (434) 970-3210.
- If you want to know more about accessing arrest records or initiating a warrant search through the Charlottesville PD, call their Records Unit at (434) 970-3280.
- If you want to report a person who is on the most wanted list or who has an outstanding warrant against him/her, call on 434-977-4000.
- If you want to give a crime tip or report a suspicious person/activity, call the non-emergency phone number of the Charlottesville Police Department on 434-970-3280.
- For information on court dates, jury duty, and access to judicial records, get in touch with the Circuit Clerk at 434-970-3766 and the District Clerk at 434-970-3388.
Crime statistics for Charlottesville, Virginia
From 2017 to 2019, the total annual crime rate of Charlottesville plunged by well over 20%. As compared to 2017, a year in which police handled nearly 3900 complaints, 2019 saw the filing of around 3200 complaints. Of the incident reports filed, around 2100 were property crimes, about 870 were violent crimes and the rest were crimes against society.
The annual crime rate of the City of Charlottesville, VA stands at almost 2000 incidents. Thefts occupy the number one spot on the list of crime categories with almost 1500 complaints every year, while homicide comes at the bottom of the scale with 1 to 3 incident reports filed per annum.