In the City of Williamsburg, an arrest warrant search can be launched through the police, the judiciary, or a private agency. Regardless of the route taken to conduct inquiries about criminal history, you are bound to find information on arrest records and outstanding warrants, and all tidbits about criminal matters.
Yet, there is so much more left to be desired that goes beyond the regular background report. Fortunately, there are ways to seek additional data that may come in handy when making personal and professional alliance decisions. For example, sifting through the volumes of public records can help you to find a lot of information on your subject for free.
However, the task can be exacting in terms of the sheer work you will have to put in; you may/may not find crime history data online. There is one way to get the best of all worlds; you can go to the county clerk’s office to find information on arrests and active warrants from the City of Williamsburg.
This agency has been entrusted with the task of maintaining the court dockets repository. In this database, you can find information on the City of Williamsburg arrest warrants, criminal charges filed, court verdicts, and more, along with details on civil cases. What adds to the lure of the extra information is that applicants can browse through the repository without any hand-holding attempts.
This means that you can find all the information you need at your own convenience as long as you drive down to the local justice center. Of course, if your search is restricted to information on active and outstanding warrants, this information can also be sought from the other agencies listed below.
- The sheriff’s: 425 Armistead Ave, Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
- The magistrate’s: 5201 Monticello Ave, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- The county clerk’s: As above
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from the City of Williamsburg over the phone? (Valid in 2021)
- To access information about warrants, contact the Magistrate’s Court at 757-820-3905.
- To get information about recent arrests, call 757-820-3900.
- To get information about the process for conducting a local criminal background check, contact Williamsburg PD at 757- 220-2331.
- To reach Victim/Witness Services, please contact the Victim’s Advocate at 757-564-2299.
- To get a certified statement of criminal court records, contact the Court Clerk’s Office at 757-564-2350/2351/2353 (Circuit) and 757-564-2400 (District).
Crime statistics of the City of Williamsburg
As compared to the 2018 crime average of 213 cases, the City of Williamsburg County Police received 219 criminal complaints in 2019. The figure included 197 criminal misdemeanors and 22 felonies.
There were 179 larceny thefts, 13 burglaries, and 5 car thefts in the category of misdemeanor crimes. There were 14 aggravated assaults, 3 rapes, and 5 robberies among the reported felonies.
Older crime statistics
The total crime rate of the City of Williamsburg, Virginia, has been controlled at around 110 to 120 incidents since 2008. This has been a distinct improvement over the annual incident figures of years that preceded this period and saw averages reaching well into the 200 case level. Of the specific crime categories, thefts account for the highest number of complaints.