If you suspect that a Bedford County, Virginia active arrest warrant may be out in your name, it would be best to be on top of the scenario and approach a lawyer to settle the matter for you. While arrest will be imminent if there is an outstanding warrant out against you in a felony, your attorney will be able to get you out on bail if it can be proven in court that you are willing to work with the law and not against it.
However, to do so, you will have to first find out if the criminal tribunal of Bedford has issued an active arrest warrant in your name. For this, you have three options: you can either approach the local sheriff’s department, a judicial office that is involved in any way in the issues of arrest warrants, or scour through the information offered on a third party criminal database furnished online.
Because the police will arrest you if there is an outstanding warrant out in Bedford, VA against you, the last option will work well for people who have prior arrest records and were involved in some form of illicit activity that may have led to the release of such detention orders.
If you are conducting a warrant search in Bedford County, Virginia, on behalf of a loved one or a friend, discretion is certainly advised. Any attempt to hide information about a suspected felon or assist such a person by any means can give cops enough reason to take you into custody as well. Despite the risk involved, if you would still like to take go through official sources, your choices include:
- The office of the sheriff: 1345 Falling Creek Road, Bedford, Virginia 24523.
- The office of the magistrate: 123 E. Main St, Bedford, Virginia 24523.
- The office of the clerk of court: Same as above.
Are there any options to access details on Bedford arrests and active warrants over the phone? (In 2021)
- Get in touch with the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office at 540-586-4800 for a third party and first party warrant search.
- Call the 24-hour non-emergency phone number 540-586-7827 for filing a non-emergency report/complaint.
- If you want to know about recent arrests, call BRRJ- Bedford on 434-847-3100.
- Contacting the Clerk of District Court over the phone can also help to access details on warrants and judicial records. Get in touch with this agency on 540-586-7637.
- The Circuit Court Clerk can also help you with details about felony cases and the warrants issued in such matters. You can call this agency on 540-586-7632.
Crime statistics for Bedford County, Virginia
Although the reduction in the crime rates of Bedford, Virginia was not particularly significant, it does highlight the efforts of the local law enforcement agency. In 2019, the local police received 442 property crime complaints as opposed to the 475 received in 2018. A similar drop was also seen in the rates of violent crimes, which went down from their 2018-level of 63 incidents to 53 complaints in 2019.
Crime statistics for just four years from 2004 to 2008 are available for Bedford County, VA. An estimated 4000 crimes occurred in the area through this period, which puts the annual average at nearly 800 incidents.
Of this total figure, only about 300 were violent crimes, which can be worked out to a daily average of just about 1 incident. As far as crime trends are concerned, Bedford has had mixed luck with the decrease of 10% in violent crime being balanced off by the rise of 10% in overall crime figures.