An active arrest warrant issued in the name of a person in Rockingham County, VA, confers very specific rights on peace officers. For one, with a warrant in hand, the arrest can be effected at any time or from any place. However, just because the police have been granted the judicial order does not mean that they are authorized to investigate the matter as they please.
For instance, when taking the alleged perpetrator into custody from his/her home or office, the deputies are allowed to pick up any item in plain view that may serve as evidence. However, they cannot search the premises without a search order from the court. The sheriff’s office and the judiciary have a clear understanding of the authority that has been granted to the police.
In fact, both state divisions maintain all arrest records and information about outstanding warrants. So, if you are interested in a warrant search, you need only find your way to the nearest precinct and fill in a formal request application for a background search.
To visit the sheriff’s office, you will have to go to the head office of the agency at 25 South Liberty St, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801. Make your way to the public services or the records section to find the information you are looking for. You can also find a most wanted list on the website of the law enforcement agency at http://www.rcso-va.com/.
On the other hand, if you would rather avail information on arrest warrants from a judicial entity, you have two choices: the court of the magistrate and the office of the county clerk of Rockingham, VA. For the clerk of the court’s department, go to Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801, and for the magistrate’s office, you will have to show yourself to 800 E Broad St, Richmond, VA 23219. Both agencies have an extensive database of the court dockets so that you can get exhaustive information about your subject from these sources.
How do you find out about Rockingham County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-update)
- To report suspicious activity/person get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at (540) 564-3800.
- For filing a request to get an incident report, arrest records, crash report, and other case records, use the phone number (540) 574-4969.
- If you are a crime victim, who wants to know more about the investigation of the case, call (540) 564-3800
- For recent arrest records, call the Rockingham-Harrisonburg Regional Jail at 540-564-3850.
- For information on felony judicial records, call the Clerk of the Circuit Court at 540-564-3111.
- For launching an inquiry on case records of misdemeanor and traffic cases, call the Rockingham County General District Court Clerk at (540) 564-3130.
Crime statistics for Rockingham, Virginia
Between 2018 and 2019, there was a marked reduction in the crime figures of Rockingham. The rate of violent crimes plunged by nearly 20%, going from over 50 incidents reported in 2018 to about 40 in 2019. The drop in the annual average of property crimes was just as notable at 25%.
With just 325 criminal cases filed in Rockingham County every year, this area is deemed one of the safest in Virginia. Through the 9 years from 2001 to 2008, approximately 2000 crimes occurred in the county, of which less than 200 were violent in nature.