Are you looking for arrest warrants from Tazewell County, Virginia? There are a multitude of ways in which you could seek this information. The simplest way to classify these warrant searches would be into the private vendor and government department categories. As their name suggests, the former includes sites that third parties maintain.
However, these also get their data from government sources and public directories. On the other hand, state departments maintain their own repositories of Tazewell County arrest records and outstanding warrants. In both cases, the applicant is charged a fee, and the search criteria required is almost the same whether you go through a private or a government agency.
Yet, the vital difference between these two sources of data is that while the results of a formal inquiry can be used for a range of official purposes like procuring a job, immigration, adoption, etc., details offered by private vendors are informational in nature.
Through a state agency, you will only find active warrants from Tazewell County and the rest of the state. However, through a third party site, you can access criminal history information for the entire country. To use a private database, fill the form above. For a government inquiry, go to the addresses listed below.
- The sheriff: 315 School St – Suite 3, Tazewell, Virginia 24651
- The magistrate: 104 Court Ave, Tazewell, VA 24651
- The clerk of court: PO Box 968, Tazewell, Virginia 2465
How can you get details on arrests and warrants from Tazewell County over the phone (2021)?
- To file a non-emergency complaint/report and to get information in response to general inquiries, use the phone number of the Sheriff’s Department- 276- 988-0902
- To get information on a criminal investigation and to request arrest records and information on warrants, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 276-988-5970.
- To access inmate arrest records and to inquire about inmate visits, call the Tazewell Facility of the Southwest Regional Jail at 276-582-0650.
- To learn about court dockets and judicial records (misdemeanor crimes and traffic) call the Clerk of General District Court at 276-385-1563.
- To get in touch with the Clerk of the Circuit Court (for judicial records of felony crimes), call 276-385-1222.
Crime statistics for Tazewell County, Virginia
Overall, the annual crime averages for 2018 and 2019 were almost the same, with an estimated 240 complaints filed each year. In 2019, about 190 cases were registered against property crimes, which was almost at par with the number of property crimes reported in 2018. However, there was a decline of almost 25% in the number of violent crimes which went from clocking nearly 50 incidents in 2018 to 40 in 2019.
There has been a significant spurt in the rate of crimes in Tazewell County, VA. Between 1999 and 2008, approximately 1000 criminal incidents were reported annually, of which almost 100 were found to be violent. There was a rise of nearly 50% in the rate of violent crime through this period, but reported crime only showed approximately 20% growth.