To find Dinwiddie County, Virginia, active warrants and arrest records, you can get in touch with the local law enforcement agency or any branch of the judiciary that had any role to play in the process of issuing such orders. For instance, along with the sheriff’s office, you can also get in touch with the magistrate’s court for information on arrest warrants.
These agencies and the office of the clerk of court will serve as the perfect starting point for your warrant search. This department is responsible for maintaining the statewide database of court dockets. So, through this agency, you will be able to find information on all cases, be they criminal or civil, initiated against your subject.
While looking for information on outstanding warrants from Dinwiddie County, it will help you to know that although these orders do not indicate guilt, they do stand for a significant amount of proof held by the investigating agency against the accused.
Because no warrant can be issued unless the magistrate finds probable cause against the alleged offender, it would be safe to state that an arrest order of this nature shows that the evidence collected is enough for anyone to pin the blame for the criminal act on the accused.
While police officers can get information on Dinwiddie arrest records and warrants through the Federal Bureau of Investigation office, as a civilian inquirer, you will have to knock on a few doors for this very data. For instance, if you want to initiate a warrant search against a third party or need a personal background report, you will have to connect with the following agencies.
- The sheriff’s: PO Box 120, Dinwiddie, Virginia 23841
- The magistrate’s: 14101 Boydton Plank Rd, Dinwiddie, VA 23841
- The county clerk’s: US #1, Courthouse, Dinwiddie, Virginia 23841
What information on Dinwiddie arrests and warrants can you get over the phone? (2021-update)
- Details on recent arrests: Call the Dinwiddie County Jail at 804-469-4550 or get in touch with the Meherrin River Regional Jail at 434-949-6700.
- Arrest records and information on how to initiate a warrant search/criminal background check: Get on the phone with the Sheriff’s Office at 804-469-4550.
- Misdemeanor and traffic judicial records and case search (misdemeanor): Call the Office of the District Clerk at 804-469-4533.
- Felony judicial records and case search: Get in touch with the Office of the Circuit Clerk at 804-469-4540.
Crime statistics for Dinwiddie County, Virginia
Through 2018 and 2019, the property crime rate of Dinwiddie County did not budge from its level of around 290 cases/annum. However, there was a drop of almost 20% in the rate of violent crime, which dipped from 86 incidents to 70 incidents in 2019. On the property crimes side, both burglar and larceny thefts showed an uptrend in 2019.
A few over 500 crimes are reported in Dinwiddie County, VA, every year. Of these incidents, less than 10% can be categorized as violent. However, the bulk of the annual crime average can be attributed to property crimes such as theft. In the 5 years from 2004 onwards, there was a rise of almost 16% in violent crimes while overall criminal incident figures plunged by almost 20%.