The Chesterfield County, VA police can arrest you legally in three cases: when they have an active warrant against you if you have been picked up from the scene of the crime and in cases where an individual is taken into custody after he/she is found to have illicit substances or ammunition.
However, barring the last two scenarios, the police of Chesterfield, VA, have to approach the judiciary for arrest warrants when can be used to affect the detention. Because several law enforcement and judicial divisions are involved in the actual process of the issue of an arrest order and keeping the records about outstanding warrants, you will find that both branches of the state government retain extensive amounts of data on arrest records from the county.
So, to do a warrant search, you can approach more than one agency and receive exhaustive information on a person’s criminal and civil past. To start with, try the sheriff’s office at 9500 Courthouse Rd, Chesterfield, Virginia 23832. Calling them is also an option and can be done at 804-48-1261, but they will not give you the results they have collected over the phone.
Next, take your search to the office of the magistrate of Chesterfield County; this is located at the county courthouse (address mentioned above). Since it is the magistrate’s court that exercises final control on the issue of arrest warrants, they retain all details about these arrest orders along with others such as search and bench warrants.
Keep the office of the county clerk at the end of your quest for information. Because the clerk of court holds on to the court dockets, you can get data on criminal and civil proceedings from this judicial division. To get in touch with them, drive down to 9500 Courthouse Road, Chesterfield, Virginia 23832.
How do you conduct an arrest records or warrants inquiry over the phone? (2021-data)
- For arrest records, warrant search and to report a person with an outstanding warrant- Call the non-emergency phone number of the Police Department – 804-748-1251.
- For details on conducting a local background check: Call the Records Unit at 804-748-1260.
- For information on recent arrests: Call the Chesterfield County Jail at 804-748-1476.
- For details on warrants issued in case of misdemeanor offenses: Call the District Clerk at 804-748-1231.
- For victim’s assistance: Call 804-796-7087.
- For juvenile delinquency matters: Call the District Court (JDR) clerk at 804-748-1379.
- For judicial records of felony cases: Call the Office of the Circuit Clerk at 804-748-1241.
- For questions and information pertaining to probation: Call the Community Corrections Services at 804-318-8220.
- For information on juvenile detainees: Call the Juvenile Detention Center at 804-748-1460.
- For information on outstanding warrants: Call the Magistrate Service at 8044-748-1410
Crime statistics for Chesterfield County, Virginia
The total crimes figure of Chesterfield County dipped by nearly 300 incidents to go from its peak of about 6400 complaints in 2018 to around 6100 complaints in 2019. The decrease was attributed to a drop in both property and violent crime rates. While property crime complaints went from 5840 to 5650 incidents, violent crimes plunged from 460 to 440 complaints.
With almost 8100 crime reports filed in the area, Chesterfield County, VA, is by no means the part of the state with the highest crime activity. In fact, the crime data available for the 5 year period from 2004 through 2008 showed that the overall crime rate has actually gone down in the area by 6%. Yet, the 15% increase in the number of violent crimes has had both the police and residents worried.