Greene County arrest warrant searches are conducted each day, and not all of these inquiries come from commercial establishments. In fact, civilians seem to harbor a greater sense of curiosity about the criminal involvement of the folks around them. This is understandable given that every year hundreds of criminal incidents occur in VA when people are no more than a few meters from their home.
An arrest warrant inquiry affords people a cheap, simple, and effective way to secure their surroundings. The information offered in response to such petitions will generally include a low down on the arrest records from Greene County in the name of the subject and details on any active or outstanding warrants to his name.
What you need to understand here about active warrants is that these judicial provisions are only invoked when the case framed against a subject by the police has a firm legal standing. This means that the sheriff’s office will be sitting on convincing evidence if they have sought a warrant.
Another thing to know about these orders for arrests is that if such a legal instrument has been brought to use against an offender, the police have been unable to take him into custody while he was involved in committing the criminal act or as he fled from the scene of the crime. To find out more about criminal history, you can go to:
- Law enforcement: 10005 Spotswood Trail, Stanardsville, Virginia 22973
- Judiciary: 22 Court St, Stanardsville, VA 22973
- County clerk: PO Box 386, Stanardsville, Virginia 22973
How can I get arrest records and warrant details from Greene County over the phone? (Expires in 2021)
- If you need an accident or arrest report, contact the local police department at 434-985-2222.
- If you want to do a warrant search, contact the Greene County Magistrate’s Office at 434-985-5253.
- If you need crime victim’s assistance, call the County Attorney at 434-985-8682, ext. 408.
- If you want to know when a criminal case will be heard and how to obtain criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court 434-985-5208 (Circuit) and 434-985-5224 (District).
Crime statistics of Greene County
In 2019, the Sheriff’s Department of Greene County dealt with 214 criminal complaints. Property offenses accounted for 195 of these complaints. There are 164 larceny-theft cases, 21 burglary cases, and 10 vehicle theft cases in this category. Around 8 instances of assault and 10 of rape were a part of the complaints filed against violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
In the last few years, there has been a significant deterioration in the crime rates of Greene County, Virginia, with violent criminal activity going up by a massive 60% and the frequency of reported crime topping at a mammoth 40%. Through this period, an annual crime average of almost 240 cases was logged in the area.