Experts suggest that an arrest warrant search in Southampton County, VA, should form a part of the process you use to weed out professional and personal alliances. Looking for arrest records and information on active warrants has never been more straightforward now that private agencies hobnob with state departments in a bid to offer crime history data.
If you choose to enlist the services of a third-party information vendor, you must pick a reliable establishment. It will also help to know here that most of these service providers offer information on arrests and outstanding warrants from all over the country and not just one county in a specific state. So, needless to say, your inquiry will bring back more extensive results.
You can fill the form above to connect with an accurate and exhaustive database of crime history. The only catch to taking this approach is that you will not get a written report in response to your warrant search. Unfortunately, a document of this nature will be needed if you use the background information to seek employment.
In contrast, any state agency in your area can be petitioned for a formal report on Southampton County, arrest warrants, and you can even get the document notarized for an additional cost if need be. To get in touch with government departments that will take on a request for information on crime-related data, you can go to:
- Law enforcement: 22336 Main St, Courtland, Virginia 23837
- Judiciary: 22350 Main St, Courtland, VA 23837
- County clerk: PO Box 126, Courtland, Virginia 23837
How do you contact Southampton County officials to inquire about active warrants and recent arrests? (2021-current)
- To get information on outstanding warrants, contact the Office of the Magistrate at 757-653-9423.
- To get help for victims, dial the phone number of the County District Attorney’s Office at 757-653-2460.
- To request police reports, accident reports, arrest records, and criminal records, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 757-653-2100.
- To get a case search done, approach the Clerk of Court at 757-653-2200 (Circuit) and 757-653-2673 (District).
Crime statistics of Southampton County
The annual crime average of Southampton County stood at 222 incidents in 2019. Of the complaints filed, property crimes clocked over 200 cases. In the violent crimes category, nearly 19 complaints were filed, of which 13 were against matters of assault.
Older crime statistics
In the last few years, the annual crime rate of Southampton County, Virginia, has held at roughly 352 incidents. Of these cases, about 9% are violent crimes, so almost 30 rapes, murders, and other such gruesome crimes are committed in the area in a year. What has got residents worried is that there has been a distinct increase in this crime category over the most recent decade.