The handling of all matters about arrest warrants in Washington County, VA, is left to the court services division of the local sheriff’s office. This section of the law enforcement agency is responsible for petitioning the court when active warrants are needed in a case. They prepare the writ needed for the issue of the warrant and contact witnesses when testimony is required in pre-warrant hearings.
Once a signed active warrant is issued, it is sent to this department, which forwards it to the detectives and other members of the sheriff’s team for execution. Even when a warrant remains un-served, the court services section retains the task of filing the order under the outstanding warrants category.
However, when civilians seek a warrant search or want information about arrest records, they have to get in touch with the public services section or the records division. To get in touch with the clerk from these sections, you can go to the sheriff’s office at 20281 Rustic Lane, Abingdon, Virginia 24210. While there, do not forget to check out the list of the most wanted of Washington County.
Other state divisions that also offer information on arrest records and active warrants in response to a formal request include:
- The office of the magistrate: 20281 Rustic Ln, Abingdon, VA 24210
- The county clerk’s department: PO Box 289, Abingdon, Virginia 24210
You will be charged a small fee for printing costs and to find the actual data from state-maintained repositories. When requesting such information from judicial offices like the two mentioned above, you can also look at details on civil litigation against the subject.
Is it possible to get details on Washington County arrests and warrants simply by making a phone call? (2021-information)
- For arrest records and offense reports: Call the non-emergency phone number of the Sheriff’s Office- 276-676-6000.
- For information on recent arrests: Call the Abingdon Facility of the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail at (276)739-3520.
- For criminal case investigation details (for victims only): Call the Investigation Division of the Sheriff’s Office at 276-676-6021.
- For a warrant search involving misdemeanor offenses: Call the District Clerk at 276-676-6279 or 276-676-6281
- For juvenile delinquency matters: Call the District Court JDR clerk at 276-676-6282.
- For judicial records of felony cases: Call the Office of the Circuit Clerk at 276/676-6224 or 276/676-6226.
Crime statistics for Washington County, Virginia
Of the 640 criminal complaints handled by the Sheriff’s Office of Washington County in 2019, 600 were against property crimes and around 40 were against violent crimes.
Within these incident categories, larceny thefts accounted for the highest number of cases in terms of property crimes, with an annual average of over 450 occurrences. In the violent crimes category, aggravated assault cases had the highest frequency, with an incident rate of 20 cases/annum.
The police in Washington County, VA, has received nearly 1200 crime reports annually over the eight-year period from 2001 to 2008. Also, there has been a significant increase of over 70% in the averages of violent and total crime through this interval. If this growth is not controlled in time, the incident figures per annum may very well go to 2000 occurrences.