The office of the county clerk plays the role of the official records keeper of the judicial hierarchy in the state. This means that there is absolutely nothing that transpires in the local courtrooms which escapes this department’s watchful eyes. In fact, you can easily spot the deputy of the agency at most court sessions. For this reason alone, an arrest warrant search from Madison County, VA, can best be started at this agency.
There are several advantages to seeking information on active warrants and arrest records from Madison County through the clerk of court’s office. The first is that your costs will be considerably lower if you take your inquiry to this office. Usually, you will only be charged if you need to print copies of the results.
The county clerk’s office can offer virtually free arrest warrant inquiries because they do not have to dedicate workforce for this task. The court dockets database held by this agency is accessible to all and sundry as long as you are willing to go to the justice center and use the public service terminals there.
On the other hand, when you approach the sheriff’s office, your request is handled by a specific subset of the department known as the records or public services division. The same also goes for the magistrate’s office, which has to devote a few of its representatives to handling inquiries on arrest records and active warrants. This is what sets these agencies apart from the office of the county clerk. To approach these departments to find out about outstanding warrants for arrests, you can go to:
- Law enforcement agency: 538 S Main St, Madison, Virginia 22727
- The county magistrate: 538 S Main St, Madison, VA 22727
- The clerk of court: PO Box 220, Madison, Virginia 22727
Who should you contact if you need information about recent arrests and warrants in Madison County? (In the year 2021)
- To find out about recent arrests: Call the Sheriff’s Office at 540-948-5161.
- To check for active warrants: Contact the Magistrate’s Court at 540-672-1087.
- To access inmate arrest records: Contact the Central Virginia Regional Jail at 540-672-3222.
- To learn about a criminal case you filed: Call the CIU (Criminal Investigation Unit) at
- To request details about victim’s rights and assistance: Call the DA’s phone number-540-948-7550.
- To learn more about criminal court records: Contact the Clerk of Court at 540-948-6888 (Circuit) and 540-948-4657 (District).
Crime statistics of Madison County
Between 2018 and 2019, Madison County’s crime rate decreased by about 19%, from an annual average of 98 incidents to 79 occurrences. In 2019, 67 complaints were filed against property offenses, while the rest were for violent crimes.
More than 50 reports were filed for larceny-theft, and 7 complaints were filed for burglary. Aggravated assault led to 5 out of the 12 complaints in the violent crimes category while the remaining 7 cases were registered against rape.
Older crime statistics
Starting in 2003 and ending in 2007, nearly 140 criminal complaints were lodged in Madison County, Virginia. Through this interval, violent crime and reported criminal activity both surged by over 70%. 2007 was the worst year in terms of the number of complaints filed; property crimes alone climbed to reach the astonishing 200 case mark at this point.