If the police of the City of Virginia Beach, VA, has sought an active warrant against you from the local criminal court, you can be very sure that they possess enough proof against you to make the charges stick. It is vital to understand that arrest warrants are only issued after due consideration of case related facts.
The sitting magistrate is legally bound to ascertain that there is probable cause to suspect you. However, once an outstanding warrant has been included in the system in your name, there is simply no escaping arrest. In other words, just because a warrant is old does not mean it expires. So, it would be best to enlist the help of appropriate agencies to inquire about any such detention orders against you.
The sheriff’s department of the City of Virginia Beach is often the prime source of information for anybody desirous of conducting a warrant search. After all, it is the police that serve all arrest orders, including bench warrants. So, if you would like information on arrest records, you should undoubtedly find your way to 2501 James Madison Blvd, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23456; this is the address of the sheriff’s office. You can also contact the agency on 757-427-8843, but it would be best to visit in person for warrant data.
The same rule also applied to other agencies, including judicial divisions like the county clerk’s office and the magistrate’s office. These agencies also hold records about the issue of all warrants in Virginia Beach City. To contact these agencies, visit them at:
- Clerk of court: Building 10B, 2425 Nimmo Parkway, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
- Magistrate’s court:2425 Nimmo Pkwy, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
What if you want to know about Virginia Beach City warrants and arrest records over the phone (2021)?
- Get in touch with the Records and Reports Unit of Virginia Beach PD at (757) 385-4331 for requesting crime data held by the police such as arrest records, details on active warrants, incident and accident reports.
- Contact the agency at (757) 385-5000 for a non-emergency complaint and for general inquiries,
- Connect with the Detective Bureau at (757) 385-4101 to get information on a criminal investigation.
- Call the Virginia Beach Sheriff’s Office at 757-385-3156 for information on recent arrests and to know more about accessing other criminal records.
- Dial the phone number of the Clerk of District Court for misdemeanor case records- 757-385-1065, and the Clerk of the Circuit Court for felony case records- 757-385-4187.
Crime statistics for Virginia Beach
Approximately 8500 crimes were reported in Virginia Beach in 2019. Of the complaints filed, around 600 were attributed to violent crimes while approximately 7900 were a result of property crimes. Although the 2019 annual crime average is higher than that of 2018, given the historical trend, the outlook for 2021 points to a possible reduction of 15% to 20% in the annual crime total in the coming years.
The crime rates of Virginia Beach City, VA have held steady at around 16000 for the ten years between 1999 to 2008, with only a small spike observed in 2000. Over 10,000 violent criminal incidents were reported in the area; these included such offenses as rape with nearly 1100 incidents and homicide with almost 150 cases.