When you mention the term arrest warrant search in Clarke County, VA, you will receive many dissuading comments explaining how the process can be arduous and long drawn out. What these people are pointing to through their well-meaning advice is that approaching a state agency for information on arrest records and active warrants does call for some work.
For instance, one of the primary things applicants fret over is the need to visit a state department to launch the inquiry. If this does not sit well with you, there are two options available. You can send in your request for details on arrests and outstanding warrants from Clarke County through the mail.
Another way is to take your search online. Yes, it is possible to find information about criminal history, including the release of arrest warrants over the internet. However, the providers of such details are third party entities. This means that although they collect the information in their repositories through state agencies, they are not linked with the government in any sense or form.
While talking about the different options available to research arrest warrants related data, it is also imperative to extol the benefits of visiting the state agencies in person. When you drive down to the office of a state department, you stand to gain a lot of additional information; for example, from the office of the county clerk, you can find the civil court dockets while the police can provide a most-wanted list. These state agencies work out of:
- The police: 100 N Church St, Berryville, Virginia 22611
- The county clerk: PO Box 189, Berryville, Virginia 22611
- The court of the magistrate: 102 N Church St, Berryville, VA 22611
Can you get any information pertaining to Clarke County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To get information on arrests, use the non-emergency dispatch line- 540- 955-1234.
- To get information on inmate records or to do an inmate search, contact the Northwestern Regional Adult Detention Center at 540-535-3800.
- To access arrest records and incident and accident reports, connect with the Sheriff’s Office at 540- 955-5152.
- To access details on arrest warrants, call the Magistrate’s Office at 540-665-5679.
- To speak with a victim advocate, contact the Clarke County District Attorney’s Office at 540-955-5111.
- To access criminal case search reports, call the Clerk of Court at 540-955-5116 (Circuit) and 540-955-5128 (District).
Crime statistics of Clarke County
The Clarke County Sheriff’s Office got 70 criminal complaints in 2019, a small increase as compared to 66 complaints received in 2018. The annual crime average of 2019 comprised 64 property-related offenses and 6 violent offenses.
About 50 larceny thefts, 11 burglaries, and 4 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. The violent offense category had cases filed against 4 instances of aggravated assault and 2 instances of sexual assault.
Older crime statistics
Clarke County is another area of Virginia where the police seem to be doing a fine job controlling the crime figures. The county’s annual incident rate stands at about 190 cases, and about 9.5% of these are violent criminal acts. This may not seem too worrisome at first glance, but more in-depth scrutiny reveals that the rate of violent crime has burgeoned by over 70% in recent times.