In the City of Emporia, VA, arrest warrant searches can be conducted quickly if you have your subject’s personal identifiers. Usually, you will be asked to provide the full name, first, last, and possibly middle, of the person in question. Apart from this, an additional search parameter will also have to be provided, such as the birth date or the social security number.
This is done to ensure that the results are as accurate as possible without furnishing fingerprint cards. Of course, any inquiry on arrest records and active warrants from the City of Emporia based on ten-print cards will be positive matches. This means that there is no scope of an error here.
It should be understood that when details on the City of Emporia arrest warrants are stored in the central crime history repository, the fingerprints collected at the time of arrests or from the crime scene are maintained along with the criminal history data. So, criminal justice agencies can positively identify an offender.
As far as civilians are concerned, it is possible to find out about the City of Emporia outstanding warrants through a name-based search alone. These inquiries will typically be handled by the police or the office of the county clerk. However, you could also take the warrant search to the office of the magistrate. These agencies work out of:
- The police: 201 South Main Street, Emporia, Virginia 23847
- The county clerk: As below
- The court of the magistrate: 15 S Main St, Emporia, VA 23847
If you need information on the City of Emporia recent arrests and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- Contact the police department for an arrest report or for information about incidents and accidents-434-634-2121.
- Contact the Magistrate’s Court for inquiries about active warrants-434-634-0853.
- Dial the phone number of the Southside Regional Jail for information on recent arrests and inmate arrest records-434-634-2254.
- Obtain case-specific information by contacting the Detective Division-434-634-1111.
- Get general information from the police by calling dispatch line-434-634-7320.
- Know about victim’s services by contacting the local victim’s assistance program at 434-348-4285.
- Learn about criminal case court dates and judicial records by calling the Clerk of Court- 434-348-4215 (Circuit), 434-634- 0049 (District).
Crime statistics of the City of Emporia
In 2019, the City of Emporia’s crime rate decreased by 5%. A few over 10 cases of the annual total of 207 complaints were filed against violent people. These involved 3 instances of physical assault, 3 occurrences of rape, and 5 cases of robbery. The annual crime average included 195 complaints against property crimes. Among these were 168 cases of larceny-theft, 19 of burglary, and 8 of car theft.
Older crime statistics
About 400 criminal incidents occur on an annual basis in the City of Emporia, Virginia. Of these cases, an estimated 13% are of a violent nature. Despite the decrease of nearly 80% in the rate of violent criminal acts, the police have been unable to bring down this figure further.