York County, VA active arrest warrants are judicial decrees that are issued at the request of the police in a criminal matter. Such detention decrees authorize law enforcement agents to effect the arrest at any time and from any place. In fact, even when such an order is several years old and held in the system under the legal term of outstanding warrant, very little difference is made to its powers.
So, there is no reason why a peace officer cannot arrest you in another state altogether under the provisions of an arrest warrant that is no less than a decade old. There is no way to wiggle your way out of arrest warrants unless you are willing to work with the law on the matter.
So, doing periodic warrant searches in York County, Virginia, is one way to ascertain that you always know about any legal cases initiated against you. This should be done regardless of whether you have other arrest records in your background. It is imperative to understand that identity thefts often lead to the issue of arrest warrants against the wrong person.
If you are sure that you were never involved in any serious legal infraction, going to the sheriff’s office of York, VA, will get you all the information you need on active warrants against a third party. However, if you do believe that a past indiscretion may have led to the appearance of an outstanding warrant in the system against you, it would be best to get a lawyer to conduct the warrant search on your behalf.
To get details about warrant issues in York, the state agencies that should be contacted are:
- The office of the sheriff: 301 Goodwin Neck Rd, PO Box 99, Yorktown, Virginia 23690.
- The office of the clerk of court: 301 Main Street, Yorktown, Virginia 23690.
- The office of the magistrate: 300 Ballard St, Yorktown, VA 23690.
How do you get information on York County arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-update)
- General crime data and for filing complaints and giving crime tips: 757-890-3621.
- Case-related information (only for victims and witnesses): 757-890-3645.
- Information on civil processes such as bench warrants: 757-890-4195.
- Open records, including arrest records, warrants data, and police reports: 757-890-3907.
- Bookings data, recent arrests, and inmate records from the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail: 757-820-3900.
- District court dockets: 757-890-3450.
- Circuit court records: 757-890-3350.
Crime statistics for York County, Virginia
The crime rate of York County showed a slight drop of around 5%, going from 1100 incidents reported in 2018 to around 950 in 2019. The majority of the complaints were linked to property crimes, at almost 880 cases. Violent crimes led to the filing of around 80 complaints.
Despite the 1200 plus criminal incidents clocked in York County, Virginia, every year through the interval between 2004 and 2008, it still finds a place in the list of areas with the lowest crime averages in the state. Through this period, a dismal growth of less than 15% was observed in violent and aggregate crime rates. Also, only about 5% of the criminal incidents that occurred annually were instances of violent crime.