It does not take a lot to get a City of Buena Vista arrest warrant search done; however, you will need to put in the effort of showing up in person at the police station or the justice center to get your hands on criminal history information. Because nefarious elements can misuse details on VA active warrants and arrest records, it is understandable why a degree of caution is exercised when offering such data for public consumption.
To find information on the arrest warrants issued in the name of your subject, you will have to go to the office of the county clerk, the sheriff’s department, or the court of the magistrate. When there, you will be asked to fill out a form. This document is used to extract information about the applicant and the subject, so be prepared to offer your name and contact details to the officials of the justice agency.
You will have to back your claims by producing a government-issued ID. A small fee will be charged for conducting the inquiry. For your results, you can expect to be told about all the City of Buena Vista outstanding warrants and arrests in the name of the individual you are investigating. In-person searches are handled almost immediately.
Of course, if the idea of driving down to the state office does not appeal to you, it is possible to use the postal service to get the required information to the agency in question. For this, use the addresses below:
- The police: PO Box 1031, Buena Vista, Virginia 24416
- The county clerk: Given below
- The court of the magistrate: 2039 Sycamore Ave, Buena Vista, VA 24416
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or information about City of Buena Vista warrants over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- Call the Sheriff’s Department at 540-261-8615 for information on arrests, prisoner records, and inmate searches.
- Contact Buena Vista PD at 540-261-6174 for arrest records, incident, and accident reports.
- Contact the Magistrate’s Office at 540-261-6171 for information on arrest warrants.
- Call the Buena Vista District Attorney’s Office at 540-261-2523 for victim assistance.
- Contact the Clerk of Court at 540-261-8627 (Circuit) and 540-264-2163 (District) for judicial records inquiries.
Crime statistics of the City of Buenavista
The City of Buenavista PD handled 25 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to 59 in 2018. Of these, 18 were property offenses, and 7 were violent offenses. The reported crimes included: 15 larceny thefts, 3 burglaries, 4 aggravated assaults, and 3 rapes.
Older crime statistics
In terms of the annual average, the crime rate of the City of Buena Vista, Virginia, stands at approximately 100 incidents per 100,000 individuals. This was the case in 2009. A comparison with the average of 2002 shows that there has been a reduction of almost 10% in these numbers. As far as specific crime categories were concerned, thefts showed the most considerable movement to clock in a rate of over 1500 incidents.