Anybody who tells you that an Alleghany County arrest warrant search would be a waste of time and is an unnecessary formality either has not taken a look at the burgeoning crime rates of the area or has never seen a background report. These documents contain details on the active warrants in the subject’s name and all arrest records from VA against him. Also, you will be able to find out about the case and sentencing.
Agencies such as the department of the county clerk and the sheriff’s office know that such reports are often used when forging personal and professional alliances; this is why an exhaustive amount of information is offered in response to any inquiry on Alleghany County outstanding warrants for arrests. In fact, the clerk of court’s office will also be able to furnish details on civil cases that are brought up when the name of the subject is inserted in their court dockets database.
While the law enforcement agency will have to be contacted through their records or public services division, the clerk of court’s office will offer you a chance to do your own digging into the records of your subject. You can use a public service computer at the justice center to browse through the department’s repository of court dockets.
This database will not just contain information on criminal cases but also civil matters. The best part is that you will only have to pay for the inquiry if you need the results in a printed format. However, if you would instead let the county clerk’s deputies handle the search for you, this too can be done for a small fee. To contact the agencies discussed herein, go to:
- Law enforcement: 268 W Main St, Covington, Virginia 24426
- Judiciary: 100 N 9th St, Richmond, VA 23219
- County clerk: 266 West Main Street, Covington, Virginia 24426
- Inmate information: http://www.alleghanysheriff.us/inmate-information/
How do you contact Alleghany officials to inquire about active warrants and recent arrests? (2021-current)
- Information on recent arrests: 540-965-1776.
- Records of warrants and arrests handled by Covington PD: 540-965-6333.
- General information from the Sheriff’s Office: 540-965-1770.
- Arrest records and police reports from the Sheriff’s Office: 540-965-1770 ext. 111.
- Details about a criminal case filed by you: 540-965-1770 ext. 106.
- Details on assistance available to crime victims: 540-965-6366.
- Case search and judicial records: 540-965-1730 (Circuit Court Clerk), 540-965-1720 (District Court).
- Warrants search through the judiciary: 540-965-1778.
Crime statistics of Alleghany County
In 2019, the Alleghany County Sheriff’s Department dealt with 102 criminal complaints. Around 90 of these complaints were for property crimes. There were 59 cases of larceny-theft, 25 incidents of burglary, and 4 cases of motor vehicle theft in this category. Allegations of aggravated assault resulted in the filing of 8 violent crime complaints.
Older crime statistics
The annual crime rate of Alleghany County, Virginia, is 170. Of these matters, almost 17 are violent in nature. Through the years, there has been an increase of 25% in violent criminal occurrences and a similar uptrend in the numbers of overall criminal activity.